Monday, September 2, 2013

Who am I and why am I writing this?

Hello all! My name is Lucy and I have been playing junior roller derby for two years. My English teacher assigned us a yearlong project (though I will definitely continue to update this blog even after the school year is over) to write a blog about something we are passionate about, so what did I choose? Well, roller derby of course!  I have created this blog to discuss all things derby. Before I get started, I feel that it is important for you all to get to know me and where I am coming from when I blog. Below is a list of random things about me that may or may not relate to derby:
  • I am 15 years old
  • I have fractured my arm and broken my leg and my ankle (at the same time) playing derby
  • I enjoy watching Supernatural, Doctor Who, American Horror Story, Hannibal, and The Walking Dead
  • I love anything Batman related
  • I am typically very optimistic but also very realistic
  • I tend to not sugar coat things (I am a little too honest sometimes)
  • I am non-judgmental and very open-minded
  • I have played the violin for four years
  • Halloween is my favorite holiday
  • I love puns and bad jokes
  • I played four years of softball
  • I am loud and obnoxious
  • I have never skated on a banked track
  • I love horror movies
  • I lived in Reno, Nevada until I was five
  • I now live in a pretty small town in Northern California
  • When I visit family in SoCal I absolutely LOVE skating at the Holiday Skate Center. The atmosphere is great, and I even met some of the Renegade Rollergirls, who are fearless and awesome. I wish I could be there more often.
  • Most of my free time is either spent roller skating or blogging on tumblr
Now that you know a little bit about me, how about you all tell me a bit about yourselves? How did you find derby? How long have you been playing? Maybe we have some common interests that aren't derby-related, or maybe we are complete opposites. I want to know! I  love when my readers interact and discuss things with me, so please feel free to contact me through my email or leave a comment on my post. Later, skaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk derby to me, don't be shy! Please remember to keep it respectful.